Divorce Decree Modification

Killeen Child Custody and Support Modification Attorney

As your children grow older and your life changes, there are almost always reasons to modify your child custody, visitation and support plans. An experienced lawyer can help you explore your options and protect your rights. I am Harker Heights divorce decree modification attorney Bobby Dale Barina, and for more than 20 years, I have been helping central Texas families obtain the right modifications.

Make Sure Your Custody and Support Plans Reflect Your Family Today

The same variables that determine your initial plan will be considered for your modification. In order to obtain a modification to your child support, child custody or visitation plan, there must be a significant change in your life, the life of your children or your former spouse. Taking a comprehensive look at your current plan and the changes you have undergone since its inception, I will help you determine if you are eligible for any of the following modifications:

  • Child support
  • Visitation
  • Child custody

Child support plans are the most likely to be eligible for modification (job loss and remarriage being examples of significant changes that necessitate a modification). If one parent moves across the state or out of state, it may be in your best interest to alter your visitation plan as well. It is very difficult to modify a child custody plan, but it can be done when one parent is no longer fit to retain custody.

Spousal support modification is not available in Texas as it only has a three-year life span.

Related Articles

Related Topics

Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 15 min phone consultation (254) 699-3755