In Texas, spousal support and spousal maintenance (both often referred to as alimony) serve different purposes:
- Spousal support is temporary financial support paid to the non-earning spouse during the course of the divorce.
- Spousal maintenance is ongoing support that is paid after the divorce is final.
If you need legal representation for a spousal support or maintenance matter in Texas, I, Bobby Dale Barina, am here to protect your rights and interests. As a Bell County spousal maintenance lawyer with more than 20 years of experience handling family law matters, I am prepared to help you pursue a financially stable, post-divorce future.
Spousal Support/Maintenance Factors In Texas
Courts take many factors into consideration when making spousal support and maintenance determinations. Key factors include:
- The financial resources of each spouse
- The education and marketable job skills of the spouse seeking support
- The duration of the marriage
- The contributions of one spouse to the education and job training of the other
- Contributions to the marital household by the spouse seeking support
Whether you are seeking spousal support/maintenance or it is being sought from you, it is important to protect your rights. I have extensive experience representing people on both sides of this issue, and can provide you with the knowledgeable guidance and strong advocacy you need.
Alimony Attorney In Harker Heights
I am prepared to handle all of your family law needs, including those involving spousal support and spousal maintenance, also known as alimony.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 15 min phone consultation (254) 699-3755